Mark your calendars for some all-ages fun!
May 22, 4pm, back turnaround – Church Variety Show and Picnic Come share a real talent or a “talent” – everything from the sublime to the ridiculous is welcome – google a few knock-knock jokes, play your kazoo, and join the fun!
We’ll gather outdoors – bring your sunglasses and a picnic dinner!
(Rain date is May 23 at 4pm.) Register here: https://clcvalpo.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/737953
Sunday Worship for May 9, 2021
Livestream worship at 9:00am
- Live-streamed worship at 9am: https://youtu.be/DJVw9dBvzAE
- Livestream bulletin is here: Sunday, May 9, 2021
- Sign up here to record the readings for the day, and/or a short greeting video!
- See below for a note about livestream Communion
In-person worship at 10:30am
Note: All upcoming CLC registrations are always available at https://clcvalpo.churchcenter.com/registrations/events
- Capacity is limited, and preregistration is required: Sunday May 9, 2021 — In-person registration
- Our bulletin is here, suitable for electronic devices: May 9, 2021 In-person
- Sign up here to help: Ushers, readers, prayer assistants, and communion assistants needed!
- All in-person opportunities are dependent on continued positive developments in terms of infection rates, COVID metrics, and relevant guidance, and are subject to last-minute cancellation if necessary.
- If you feel in the least bit unwell, please stay home! Help us keep our beloved community safe.
- Masks are mandated, from the parking lot until we return to our cars.
- Hand sanitizer is available and encouraged throughout the building.
- We will not use hymnals, nor pass offering plates.
- We continue to avoid congregational singing and unison, supported speech
- Communion distribution has been adjusted to reduce the risks of contact
- Our HVAC system will run throughout our service with outside air intake maximized to increase ventilation. We have installed UV sterilization filters in the Sanctuary and Church Hall systems to provide additional mitigation.
For Children and Families
Printable Worship Activity Pages:
- Pre-Reader: Spark-Worship-Bulletin-Easter-6-B-Pre-Reader-Childrens-Bulletin.pdf
- Reader: Spark-Worship-Bulletin-Easter-6-B-Reader-Childrens-Bulletin.pdf
Join Pastor Erica for Sunday school at 10:15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-o7pS1sasg
- Story coloring pages: May 9 Pages
A word about Livestream Communion:
While we keep ourselves separate to steward each others’ health, we are including Holy Communion during our livestream on Sundays. Our goal is to experience Communion together, even while apart; immediate, not something available as a recording that someone might use later; organic, not something prepackaged or purchased; safe and accessible, so people don’t need to travel/have contact with others to pick things up. Please note: extraordinary times like these require us to depart from our usual practices. We all eagerly look forward to the time when we can leave these extraordinary measures behind and return to safely gathering in person on Sundays, as is our norm!
Here’s what you need to prepare in advance: Before Sunday’s service, choose a plate and cup that you will use for Communion in your space. Find some bread (whatever kind works for you; even a cracker can do in a pinch) and, if you have it, grape juice or wine. Note that if you don’t have grape juice or wine, that’s perfectly OK; our theology teaches that receiving Christ in one element (i.e. just bread or just wine) is more than sufficient! You can leave an empty cup ready as a sign of that overabundance of blessing. We also recommend having a candle handy, which you can light throughout the Sunday service, if that is safe for you, to help create a worshipful space in the midst of our homes which are also offices and schools in this time!