First off, thank you for what you do. As your children are pulled in a million different directions, you are also pulled in a million different directions. I hope that you will view our programs at CLC as more than just ‘one more thing’. A strong Christian foundation has a lasting impact on young people and will guide them through a lifetime of experiences – good and bad. We, as a church, want to love and support your whole family! You are welcome to contact Clint Mullet, the Director of Youth Ministries, with any inquires or questions at clint.mullet(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)clcvalpo.org
POINT A – Entering 5th grade
EMULATING PARENT / FAMILY COMMITMENT
5th – 8th Grades
- A Middle School Youth Ministry that meets Sunday mornings, 9:20am – 10:20am
- Fusion’s purpose is three-fold
- Foundation-laying for spiritual formation that occurs in Confirmation
- Discipleship with adult volunteers
- Formation of a strong group identity and belonging amongst the group
7th – 8th Grades
- The church’s program that prepares kids to affirm their baptism. The affirmation of baptism (Confirmation Sunday service) is a milestone in a Christian’s faith, the result of years of study, thought, and growth as a follower of Jesus.
- The goals of Confirmation are to teach the Catechism, teach Lutheran history, Lutheran theology, and spiritual formation.
9TH – 12TH GRADES
- A High School Youth Ministry that meets on Sunday evenings during the school year, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Circle’s purpose is three-fold
- Building on the foundation of Fusion and Confirmation, Circle will provide a framework for adult faith beyond the high school years
- Provide opportunities for teens to act, serve, and practice their faith
- Practical applications of faith giving teens a wide variety of experiences
POINT B – Exiting High School
AN ONGOING PERSONAL COMMITMENT TO THE CHRISTIAN LIFE!
Medical Form – this general waiver and medical release form is for all youth participating in any activities with CLC’s youth ministries. If the unthinkable were to happen, this form empowers us to make the right choices for your child as quickly as possible!